Store Manager Tuscaloosa
Do you have a passion for the outdoors? Do you love leading, coaching and team building? Are you energized by serving customers? We may have your dream job!
Create an upbeat and friendly store environment focused on Service, Quality, and Expertise. Build a healthy team of experts focused on excellent customer service. Lead the store in Sales and Store Operations. Serve as the AO representative and advocate in their community. Pursue personal outdoor endeavors. Remain up to date on outdoor trends and knowledge base.
Honest, dynamic, friendly, outgoing, positive, attentive to detail, ability to multi task, problem solver, excellent interpersonal skills, team leader and team player.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Hire, train, coach, and manage the Sales Staff and Operations Manager with a focus on customer service and team building in order to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Provide effective coaching to build a team of outdoor experts.
- Staff your store to ensure excellent customer service. Oversee staff productivity to ensure excellent customer interactions.
- Maintain high store morale through effective team building.
- Oversee the Operations Manager to ensure accurate inventory and full demonstrations of all products on the sales floor.
- Maintain Alabama Outdoors visual and merchandising standards.
- Coordinate floor setups for all promotional and seasonal sales.
- Conduct reviews of store needs, success and development to the General Manager.
- Passion for the Outdoors combined with substantial professional or personal experience in outdoor adventures/hobbies
- 2 years in a management or leadership role
- Customer service experience
- Four-year college degree preferred
- Proficient in computer and business-related software (Word, Excel, POS, etc)
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, and reasoning skills
- Ability to push / pull 10-50 pounds when moving boxes and can involve lifting these just below shoulder level
- Strong connection to and intent to work in adherence to our Core Values
Our Core Values:
- Honesty: We will always tell the truth and our actions will demonstrate this honesty.
- Team Work: We will work together as a team in everything we do.
- Personal Growth: We will work to enhance the individual growth of our team members.
- Positive Interactions: We will only have win-win conversations with each other and about other team members.
- Innovation: We will always look for opportunities and implement solutions for improvement of ourselves, our team-members, our communities and our organization.
- Value: We will work to create value while eliminating unnecessary or invaluable processes or expenses
- Community: We will prioritize opportunities to invest our resources in our local communities through organizations that promote access, usage, and conservation.
- Profitability: We will celebrate profit as it allows us to give, grow and provide a return to those that have risked on our behalf.
Please send a cover letter stating why you think you would make a great store manager at Alabama Outdoors, along with your resume. Please include your related outdoor experience.
Send cover letter and resume to:
We will respond to all qualified applicants.
Thank you for your interest!